http://www.petalsfromthebasket.com/three-reasons-to-make-someday-today/

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Can Kids learn to be thankful??? YES!

As I began, with great anticipation my November Gratefulness Project with my friend Brenda, I was praying for my 7 grandchildren.  I am so thankful for them.

As I thought of children I remembered how difficult it was (at times) to teach our own children to be thankful for the family, friends, and things that they already have.  Then I looked over my project chart and thought, "Children could easily do some of this!"  Here's my thoughts:

For those pre-school age children, help them pick someone from the months list to thank.  They could print their own name or maybe even copy the letters from Mom's paper in their own words.  Or just send a color drawing they make themselves.  The key is to teach at this early age to be grateful and to express it in a tangible way.

For early elementary age, have them choose 2-4 people from the months list to thanks.  Their own words may not be perfect, but the recipient will love just being remembered in a grateful note.   Some children this age are very good artists and an original painting or drawing would be so appreciated.


For the older child through teen, just encourage them to take 1/2 the months list of names and write, or call or even e-mail their "attitude of gratitude" .

Maybe this project from "Petal from the Basket" by Brenda Strohbehn can be used by your entire family!  Why not just try?  Ask God to use this simple act of teaching thankfulness to your children to bless and encourage others.




http://www.petalsfromthebasket.com/please-join-me/

No comments: