http://www.petalsfromthebasket.com/three-reasons-to-make-someday-today/

Monday, August 6, 2012

Dry times, Petals fall!

Have you ever experienced a dry, desert place in your devotional life?
Have you ever gone weeks without a meaningful Bible reading time?  
I have.
It use to be hard for me to admit this to my family and friends.  Not anymore.  I was thinking about my Bible reading/studying time and why I wasn't "looking forward" to it each day.  I began to think of things I did look forward to:  my morning coffee, facebook, e-mail, calling my mom, walking to the mail box, walking up and down the isles at a store.  Why didn't I have that same anticipation towards God?

I was in a rut.  It had become routine, like brushing my teeth.  It was something that must be done.  I hated the way I felt about meeting with God every day.  How could I possibly feel this way about my Savior, God and King?  

Then I wrote to my friend, Brenda.  She had given some wonderful ideas to me in the past about the Bible studies she was doing.  I always enjoyed them.  Her "November Gratefulness Project" has been a blessing to me for a few years now.  She recently posted about her June "Address Book Names of God" project.   I jumped at this one as well.  Truly loved that study in Psalm.  So, she was the one I wrote, asking if she had any other ideas for devotional type studies.  Wow, she did!!

Not only did she share with me some personal studies that blessed her heart, she shared with me her book!  What a joy to receive this new study.  I want to encourage many of you to check out her web-site and get this new Bible study for yourself.  website: petalsfromthebasket.com

 The ABC's of T2:3 by Brenda Strohbehn.

I have started this new book and am truly blessed already.  I'm so glad I didn't stay in that "rut" in my Bible reading/studying.  I'm so glad I asked for help.  I Praise the Lord for friends who truly care enough to really help and share.  Please take some time and check her website and facebook.  I know it will be a blessing to you.
"Thank you Brenda for being used by God to help me"

Facebook: www.facebook.com/petalsfromthebasket


1 comment:

Brenda Strohbehn said...

What a blessing you are to ME, my friend! I truly pray that your study will be a blessing. Thank you for being used of God to make my heart smile today! (And LOTS of days!!!)